Ukraine ratifies deal with the Netherlands on joint probe of MH17 crash
Ukraine ratifies deal with the Netherlands on joint probe of MH17 crashThe agreement should resolve the issue of prosecution and conviction in the Netherlands of persons involved in the shooting down of an aircraft.REUTERS
The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Ukraine's parliament, has passed the bill, submitted by the president, on the ratification of the agreement with the Kingdom of the Netherlands on international legal cooperation in relation to crimes connected with the shooting down of Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 on July 17, 2014 (No. 0194).
The relevant decision was backed by 241 MPs out of 357 registered in the session hall, an UNIAN correspondent reports.
The law provides for ratifying with two applications the agreement concluded in Tallinn on July 7, 2017, which comes into force on the day of receiving through diplomatic channels the last written notification on completion by the parties of their domestic procedures necessary for the entry into force of this agreement.
Read alsoUkraine's Justice Ministry on MH17 crash: Russia leadership responsible
The law comes into force on the same day with the enforcement of Law of Ukraine "On the implementation of the Agreement between Ukraine and the Kingdom of the Netherlands on international legal cooperation in relation to crimes connected with the shooting down of MH17 flight of Malaysian Airlines on July 17, 2014."
The agreement should resolve the issue of prosecution and conviction in the Netherlands of persons involved in the shooting down of the aircraft.
UNIAN memo. Malaysia Airlines' MH17 Boeing 777 heading from Amsterdam for Kuala Lumpur was shot down on July 17, 2014, over militant-occupied territory in Donet sk region. All 298 people on board who were citizens of 10 countries were killed in the crash. The majority of the victims, 196, were citizens of the Netherlands.
The Dutch Safety Board October 13, 2015, issued a report on the causes of the accident. It was revealed that the plane had been shot down by a Buk anti-aircraft missile system. The Joint Investigation Team in its report published on September 28, 2016, confirmed that the plane had been downed by a Russian-made Buk brought to Ukraine from Russia.
No suspects have been named, though Dutch Chief Prosecutor Fred Westerbeke said his office had identified 100 "persons of interest" in the investigation, including those who organized the arrival of the rocket and oversaw its transportation from Russia to Ukraine and back.
Read alsoMH17: EU leaders call on Russia to accept responsibility
The Criminal Investigation into the tragedy is being carried out by the Joint Investigative Team (JIT), which in cludes representatives from Australia, Belgium, Malaysia, the Netherlands and Ukraine. The countries participating in the investigation of the MH17 crash agreed not to create a separate tribunal and decided that the perpetrators would be brought before the Dutch court.
On July 7, 2017, Ukraine and the Netherlands signed an agreement on the establishment of legal grounds for the consideration of the said case.
On May 25, Australia and the Netherlands formally accused Russia of being responsible for downing a Malaysia Airlines passenger jet in 2014.If you see a spelling error on our site, select it and press Ctrl+Enter Latest news
- 23:50 Ukrainian Pension Fund's expenses grow by 39.9% since year-start
- 22:55 Poroshenko agrees with Hungary's PM Orban on ministe rial dialogue on language provisions
- 21:33 Commander of Ukraine's JFO: Considerable chances of quick end to Donbas war
- 20:33 Reuters: U.S. grand jury indicts 12 Russian spies in 2016 election hacking
- 19:39 Trump in England with PM May outlines agenda of his meeting with Putin
- 17:50 Russia sues doctor on extremism charges for "like" on social media
- 16:40 Ukraine's State Regulatory Service to address PM Groysman over critical situation due to quotas on sulfuric acid
- 16:20 Kremlin refuses to comment on possibility of Sentsov's pardoning without personal petition
- 16:00 Satellite imagery confirms environmental disaster in Crimea (Photo)
- 15:40 Ukrainian agricultural exports to EU grow to $2.3 bln â" agriculture ministry
- 15:20 Joint Forces Commander says Ukraine Army changed tremendously over past four years
- 15:00 Poroshenko: Russia finally recognized "aggressor" in NATO documents
- 14:40 NBU explains key rate upping
- 14:20 Ukrainian Panov sentenced to eight years in jail for "plotting sabotage" in Crimea
- 14:00 Ukraine's parliament greenlights cheaper customs clearance of imported cars
- 13:40 Increase in gas prices for households may become forced step to prevent "economic disaster and poverty" - Groysman
- 13:00 Russian politician explains why EU could block Nord Stream 2
- 12:40 Infrastructure minister reveals Ukraine's losses from Kerch Strait bridge construction
- 12:20 UN sends over 160 tonnes of humanitarian aid to occupied Donbas
- 12:00 Ukraine 's state postal service CEO files for resignation
- 11:40 Paul Manafort moved to Alexandria jail, a past home to spies and terrorists - WP
- 11:20 Ukraine may annually harvest up to 100 mln tonnes of grain by 2022 â" expert
- 11:00 Rallying owners of imported cars on foreign registration warn their act could turn radical
- 10:40 Freedom House reports reasons why Putin not "friendship material"
- 10:20 "Pardon my son": Sentsov's mother appeals to Putin
- 10:00 Ukrainian who went to Russia to get medicine for his child jailed on "spying" charges - KHPG
- 09:40 Donbas update: Ukraine reports 3 WIAs amid 24 enemy attacks
- 09:20 "Condition remains extremely difficult": Chiygoz on Balukh's hunger strike in occupied Crimea prison
- 09:00 Opinion Belarus citizens shifting away from under Moscow influence
- 02:47 Reuters: Cargo vessels de-listed from ship registries after Crimea grain trades
- 12 July, Thursday
- 23:31 Ukraine's National Bank decides to hike key policy rate from July 13
- 22:55 Poroshenko in Brussels: No country, even Russia will manage to block Ukraine's accession to NATO
- 21:58 National Bank maintains forecast of 3.4% GDP growth in Ukraine amid 8.9% inflation
- 20:57 Finance Ministry expects 3.5% GDP growth in Ukraine in 2018
- 19:58 Ukraine's law enforcers identity 54 foreign mercenaries fighting on side of "DPR/LPR" in Donbas
- 18:47 Poroshenko unveils issues discussed with Trump
- 17:50 Ukrainian lawmakers am end Law on High Anti-Corruption Court
- 16:40 Trump: "I would not have allowed Russia to annex Crimea"
- 16:20 NATO leaders urge Russia to withdraw its forces, all militant groups from Donbas
- 16:00 Rada allows Ukraine's defense companies not to repay debts to Russia
- 15:40 NATO sees threat to Ukraine's independence in Russian militarization of Crimea
- 15:20 "Ukraine is not Russia": Journalist warns patriots against "one nation" trap
- 15:00 Ukraine's Rada passes law on status of missing persons
- 14:40 Ukraine exports 555,000 tonnes of grain since July 1
- 14:20 "We'll have to deal with scorched earth": journalist on reintegration of occupied territories
- 14:00 Ukraine ratifies deal with the Netherlands on join t probe of MH17 crash
- 13:40 Boryspil Airport, Ryanair agree on schedule of all flights
- 13:20 "Meeting lasted nearly 20 minutes": Trump, Poroshenko hold brief talks - media
- 13:00 A third of businesses expect Ukraine investment climate to improve - EBA
- 12:40 Journalist talks of Russia's possible behavior after World Cup 2018
- 12:20 Ukrainian farmers thresh over 11 mln tonnes of grain as of July 11
- 12:00 Poroshenko opposes cutting number of State Postal Service rural branches
- 11:40 West Ham sign Ukraine winger Andriy Yarmolenko from Borussia Dortmund - media
- 11:20 Ukrainian expert warns of possible terrorist attacks in Crimea
- 11:00 Poroshenko confirms talks with Trump to be held Thursday, July 12
- 10:40 Ukrainian banks in H1 2018 close over 300 branch offices
- 10:20 OSCE SMM must control complete cessation of fire for truce to be established in Donbas - Kuchma's press secretary
- 10:00 Russian occupation troops in Crimea pointed automatic rifles at Ukrainian fishers - Relatives
- 09:40 Ukraine diplomats furious over UK newspaper "advertising" Russian-backed terrorists
- 09:20 JFO: Ukraine reports 1 WIA amid 17 enemy attacks in Donbas in past day
- 09:00 Germany-Russia gas links: Ukraine more concerned than Trump
- 02:17 Reuters: U.S. warns of sanctions risk for firms invested in Russian pipeline
- 01:50 Hungary set to continue blocking Ukraine's Euro-Atlantic aspirations
- 11 July, Wednesday
- 23:58 EU court lifts part of Andriy Klyuyev's sanctions < li>22:58 Poroshenko: Ukraine appreciates support from Croatian football players Vida and Vukojevic
- 21:57 OSCE PA calls on Russia to reverse annexation of Crimea â" Resolution
- 20:55 Ukraine's government elaborates three scenarios for economy in 2019-2021
- 19:55 NATO stands by its decisions on Ukraine taken at Bucharest Summit â" Declaration
- 18:30 Horbatiuk's special department engaged in Maidan investigations disbanded, new unit created
- 17:50 Analysis Taking back Donbas: Will Columbia experience fit Ukraine
- 16:40 Ukrainian national discovered in Afghanistan 30 years after being captured set to fly to Ukraine â" MP
- 16:20 Economic ministry improves forecast of Ukraine's GDP growth in 2018
- 16:00 Ukrainian MPs appeal to President, Defense Minis ter to denounce treaty with Russia on cooperation in Sea of Azov
- 15:40 Russian army unit paradrops on island 100 km from Helsinki, site of upcoming Trump-Putin Summit
- 15:20 FM Klimkin explains why Russia considers "Glory to Ukraine!" greeting hostile
What do you think about our new website?
Share your opinion
Source: Google News Netherlands< /a> | Netizen 24 Netherlands